Tapestry and Grand Central Publishing made a very cute little slideshow from the introduction of my book!
TO THE LIGHTHOUSEEEEEEEE!
So excited to finally have finished copies of LIVING IN STYLE in! Here’s a sneak peek inside the gorgeous book.
Most people who follow the headlines are aware of Wall Street titans’ lavish lifestyles. In Young Money, Kevin Roose looks at the bottom of that ladder: the college kids who arrived on Wall Street after the economic crash of 2008, prepared to put their noses to the grindstone in the hopes of making it big — or just making a decent living.
Young Money comes out Feb. 18. Read our exclusive excerpt here.
Out now! More info here.
Will You Be My Twittertine?
Happy Valentines Day, everyone!
And what a glorious day it is. Dirty, slushy snow lining the city streets, much like the dark sludge that lines my frozen, unclaimed heart.
Yes, to be single on Valentines Day is a rough deal. But while our partnered friends get love, chocolate, and Beyonce-themed dinners today, us single folk get something else. Something way better. That’s right—a literary-themed hashtag.
We’re anti-celebrating Valentines Day with #BitterSingleBooks. Some examples:
- Eat a Box of Oreos, Pray, Watch Love Actually on Netflix #BitterSingleBooks
- Unrequited Love in the Time of Cholera #BitterSingleBooks
- Divine Secrets of the Wah-Wah Spinsterhood #BitterSingleBooks
- The Joy of Cooking for One #BitterSingleBooks
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting All Your Facebook Friends to Get Engaged #BitterSingleBooks
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Date #BitterSingleBooks
- No Flowers for Algernon #BitterSingleBooks
- Harry Potter and the Order of Chinese Takeout #BitterSingleBooks
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Up #BitterSingleBooks
- The Giving (When All He Ever Did was Take, Take, Take) Tree #BitterSingleBooks
- Always a Bridesmaid, Never a Brideshead Revisited #BitterSingleBooks
I could keep going.
But there’s only so much single bitterness inside of me. To make this Twitter game truly epic, I must harness the single bitterness of EVERYONE SINGLE PERSON. Are you with me, my brethren? ARE YOU WITH ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
….I do, however, want to be seen from afar, and admired, and then wooed. By someone I adore right away. Basically, I want to expend minimal effort and have somebody fall madly in love with me just by virtue of being near me for a handful of days, and then it will just work out that we’re perfect for one another. I do not see what the big deal is about that.
Where is the line between self-defense and an unforgivable mistake?
Titus Welliver stars as relentless Detective Harry Bosch in this adaptation of the bestselling books from Michael Connelly. For a limited time, you can watch the pilot on Amazon for free! Be sure to rate it because viewers will help decide whether more episodes get made.
With the launch of the first episode, we’re giving away ten sets of the two books that the pilot is based on: CITY OF BONES and CONCRETE BLONDE.ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN.
"I think especially in women, it’s perceived as if we happen to be single at that moment, we should be working on not being single with as much effort as possible."
NEVER HAVE I EVER author Katie Heaney talks singledom and how it’s not a problem to be solved on Daily Shot/Yahoo Shine.
Twitter Me Elmo!
Happy Friday, brethren!
As you may have heard, the Olympics are under way in Sochi, Russia. Can you taste the glory? Figure skating, luge, human rights violations—it’s the kind of stuff that inspires book puns.
Or it would, but the Super Bowl was last week, and I think our target audience is all sportsed out. I know I am.
Instead, we have drawn inspiration from another major moment happening this week: the release of The LEGO Movie!!! I mean, if our favorite childhood toys can be movies now, certainly they would make even better books, right? Amirite? I just realized that, since I’m typing this, you guys likely can’t hear this question right now and won’t respond, so I’ll just assume I’m right.
The game is #toybooks. Examples:
- Bring Up the Barbies by Hillary Mattel #ToyBooks
- To the Lite-Brite House #ToyBooks
- Killing Lincoln Logs #ToyBooks
- Water for Elefun #ToyBooks
- Mrs. Frisby and the Bratz of NIMH #ToyBooks
- Mattel-da by Troll Dahl #ToyBooks
- The Toylight Saga: New Moon Shoes #ToyBooks
- IQN64 #ToyBooks
- Let the Great Teddy Ruxpin #ToyBooks
- P.S. I Love Yo-Yo #ToyBooks
- Weebles Wobble But They Don’t Fall A Long Way Down #ToyBooks